"But a city is more than a place in space, it is a drama in time" - Patrick Geddes
(Scotish urban planning guru, 1854-1932)
New to the real estate industry as of January 5th, 2016 (regardless if you are a REALTOR®, Buyer or Seller), is that CREB (Calgary Real Estate Board) has aligned with the City of Calgary’s new community map of the city and naming culture for listing homes on the MLS. Key changes include:
- The city will now be divided into 8 sections: City Center, East, North, North East, North West, South, South East and West from the four zones A, B, C, D, which roughly corresponded with Calgary North West, North East, South West and South East up until this year;
- The ‘estate’ names of several communities will be dropped (eg. Silver Springs Estates is now Silver Springs);
- Some existing names will be changed to match the City naming, (eg. Saddleridge is now Saddle Ridge);
- Some communities will disappear or split and merged with others (eg. Quarry Park is now part of the Douglasglen/Douglasdale community);
- New community names will be added (eg. Legacy, Rocky Vista)
- Several commercial area names have been changed to match City naming (eg. Highfield is now Highfield, Manchester Industrial, Alyth/Bonnybrook and Burns Industrial);
- For more information on the community names, please click Calgary Community Profiles to view the City’s community profiles that exit now.
If you have an auto search set up with us, please let us know and we can assist you in adjusting your home search critiera to align with the new changes. Thank you.